An Interim Site Production Manager is required to join a large chilled food manufacturing business based in North Yorkshire to cover a period of maternity leave.
As part of the Management Team, reporting to the Operations Director, you will carry out the above role in line with the company business plan, liaising with all appropriate Director’s, Manager’s and staff throughout the business.
As a manager, as well as the main duties listed below, you will be instrumental in understanding and sharing the responsibility of all relevant legal requirements of the business including H&S, all aspects of hygiene, legal labelling, employment law and any other aspects relevant to your role or the business and will be expected to partake in regular management meetings and reviews.
You will be an active and enthusiastic member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT). Working with the production team, engineering and technical departments and the other managers to ensure all production requirements are met safely and on time.
- Ensure accurate production plans are developed, maintained and followed in order to meet all customer requirements. Active day to day consultation with supply chain team, including purchasing and procurement.
- Take overall responsibility for the production labour budget, ensuring correct staff numbers and costs. Plan and manage labour requirements to meet demand and in consideration of holidays and shift rotas.
- Manage, monitor and authorize any time and attendance issues with the production team.
- Review and improve the production performance through continuous improvement.
- Liaise positively and proactively with NPD in relation to product and process development
- Develop production and site performance to meet new growth and prepare the team for the management of growth
- Ensure appropriate standard of hygiene is adhered to in all production areas and that all the above are shared and deputized during the absence of the production manager.
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact me for further information. 01233 223 712 / email@example.com
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.