The purpose of this role is to conduct food safety audits at various Clients' facilities. Provide technical training to management and employees in Clients' premises regarding food safety programs, integrated pest management, operational methods and practices.
- Organise inspection itineraries for the year and make changes as necessary to accommodate new business, postponements, etc.
- Notify clients of inspection dates, if required.
- Travel to the inspection site and arrange to stay in client's area during inspection.
- Conduct food safety audits
- Train personnel in food safety issues, write a report following the audit and send it to our Client within five working days.
- Your customer base will be Food processors/ manufacturers, food distributors and packaging facilities
Education / Experience Wish-list
- BSc degree preferably in science or related topic to food safety, plus 5-10 years of food plant experience in a responsible position related to food safety.
- HNC or equivalent, plus approximately 10 years food plant experience.
- Must be computer literate. Must possess excellent verbal communication skills and good writing abilities. Be able to organise travel itineraries, make travel arrangements and travel to inspection sites; be able to work independently of direct office supervision and file all reports.
The food safety auditor must:
- Must be willing to travel throughout the UK and overseas
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner, including appearance and demeanour, at all times.
- Carry out all inspection assignments and follow all written and verbal instructions from Client Services & Business Processes.
- Maintain a valid and current driver's license.
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact Tom Shaw for further information - 01233 223 712 / firstname.lastname@example.org
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.