To estimate tenders for work for the Civil region, under the management of the Estimating Manager, and to achieve a high rate of success in winning tenders.
1. Ensure you and staff under your control adhere to the Company Safety Policy and are made aware of the requirements of "The Health and Safety in Employment Act (1992)" and "The Resource Management Act"
- All incidents are reported immediately as they happen to the appropriate people.
- All incidents are investigated and action items identified and assigned.
- The hazard management system is applied to all work activities every day.
2. Use of the CCS (Candy) computer based estimating/cost control software.
3. Training of other staff in the use of the software once proficient.
4. Obtaining quotes for materials and services for the tender.
5. Liaison with Clients, Suppliers and Sub-Contractors in the process of the estimate.
6. Take-off of quantities from drawings where required to assist in preparation of estimates.
7. Minor temporary works design associated with estimates.
8. Preparation of Non-Price Attributes and Method Statements.
9. Programming / Scheduling of projects being estimated.
10. Visiting sites to assess the tender requirements.
11. Proactively maintaining contact with our construction sites to verify productions and methodologies.
12. Carrying out your duties in accordance with the Company policy manual.
13. Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact me for further information.
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.