My Client, one of the largest seafood companies in the world, are looking for an Assistant Maintenance Manager to join their team at their new, state of the art feed plant in NW Scotland.
Responsible for the daily and short term corrective and preventive maintenance activities associated with the efficient operations of the Maintenance Department and plant.
- Ensure a safe working environment for Maintenance personnel and ensure safety standards are met in accordance with company policy
- Coordinate the daily and weekly operation of the Maintenance Department
- Work closely with the Maintenance Technicians to ensure daily and weekly tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner
- Works closely with operations and logistics teams in order to ensure that tasks are completed in a planned and coordinated fashion
- Understand maintenance cost drivers and promote cost effective solutions amongst maintenance employees
- Assist Maintenance Manager in developing short to mid-term maintenance plans to ensure the highest planned work compliance
- Understand the knowledge, skills, and abilities of each maintenance employee in order to select, train, and provide guidance and inspiration through leadership and teamwork to ensure empowered work teams
- Review deficiencies noted during corrective maintenance, properly channel these issues toward execution
- Maintain and advise on the use and disposition of stock items and surplus items
- Assist Maintenance Manager in developing and executing major maintenance overhauls and outages
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience in a production or manufacturing management role in a relevant sector
Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate employees
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented
Excellent organisation/prioritisation skills
Proficient computer skills
Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills (preferably with an engineering background)
Solid understanding of health & safety protocols
Ability to work as a team member with strong time management and record keeping skills
Ability to develop work schedules and coordinate projects/assignments to meet
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact me for further information on 01233 223 712
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.