Reporting to the Department Head, an opportunity for a 2nd Pastry Chef has become available within an expanding premium deserts manufacturer working Monday to Friday from 7am to 4pm.
Outline Job Role
This position would be suitable for an experienced Head Pastry Chef or Sous Chef in a large scale kitchen environment, ideally experienced from good quality Hotels, Cruise Ships or high quality manufacturing kitchen especially important to have good technical knowledge and experience of managing a team.
The role consists primarily of assisting the Head of the Department with managing the quantity and standard of products produced ,assist managing a team of up to 12 people, ensuring best practice and efficiencies are followed and improved, controlling waste levels and yields , motivating the team, ensuring the paperwork trail of our products is completed.
1) Assist the Head of Department with the day to day running of the section
2) Assist in delegating tasks, supervising and manage the team, while keeping them motivated.
3) Ensure the section is managed in the Department Heads absence
4) Ensuring products are produced to specification and the production schedule is met
5) Report any yield or quality issues with products to the Head of Department or Production Manager
6) Ensure stock rotation and; labelling of both in process and completed goods are carried out
7) Ensure all relevant documentation is carried out by the team
8) Assist in the implementation of new products with the development department
9) Assist in implementing new work plans or methods
10) To liaise with the other teams on site regarding equipment, space ovens etc
11) To assist in ensuring stock levels are in line with agreed levels
12) To assist with ordering of raw ingredients
13) To help manage Training, Health and safety and Good working Practices
14) Ensure any start up or close down procedures are followed
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact me for further information. 01233 223 712.
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.